Welcome

Under Construction: Please pardon my site’s disrepair as I migrate it to a new platform.

I am an Associate Professor of Sociology at Queens College in the City University of New York. My specialties include the sociologies of media, marketing, personal finance, organizations, economic markets, and quantitative analysis. I am a faculty member in Queens College‚Äôs Program in Data Analytics & Applied Social Research and serve as co-Director of the Queens Podcast Lab.

This website serves as a catalog and repository of my content creation, and a platform for communicating with students and those who share my research, development, or creative interests.

Recent Posts

• Prof. Turner’s List of Exemplary Theses

Check out Professor Charles Turner list of excellent MADASR theses. Continue reading

• Information on the Annex-Contexts Seminar Series

Information on a pilot project at The Annex Sociology Podcast Continue reading

• Guide to Editing Podcasts on Audacity

A brief guide to podcast editing using Audacity, a freeware program. Continue reading

Recent Additions to the Podcast Archive

• Conspiracy Theories and Conspiracy Entrepreneurs (Hyzen & Van den Bulck)

We discuss conspiracy theories and conspiracy entrepreneurs with Aaron Hyzen and Hilde van den Bulcke. Continue reading

• Posting Ivermectin Research to SocArXiv (Cohen & Pardo-Guerra)

A controversy surrounding the withdrawal of Ivermectin research from SocArXiv. Continue reading

• Eric Fromm (Neil McLaughlin)

It is classic theorists week on The Annex Sociology Podcast, as we discuss Eric Fromm with Neil McLaughlin (McMaster). Neil recently published Eric Fromm and Global Public Sociology (2021, Bristol University Press).

Recent Additions to the Video Archive

• Summarizing Continuous Variables on Stata

How to summarize continuous variables in Stata. Continue reading

• Loading Stata Files

This tutorial shows how to load data files in Stata. This video was produced as part of a 2012-2014 project to promote the use of multimedia and asynchronous learning at Queens College. It was produced in collaboration with Queens College’s Center for Teaching and Learning. For more information on the project, click here. This entry … Continue reading

• Saving Data in Stata

Video tutorial on how to save data sets in Stata. Continue reading

Current Projects

Podcasting & Web 2.0

Data Analytics

General Sociology

Past Projects

Personal Finance (2017)

Neoliberalism (2010)

Online Teaching (2012)

On Twitter

Recent Podcasts Series

Need help with the Commons? Visit our
help page
Send us a message