Welcome

Under Construction: Please pardon my site’s disrepair as I migrate it to a new platform.

I am an Associate Professor of Sociology at Queens College in the City University of New York. My specialties include the sociologies of media, marketing, personal finance, organizations, economic markets, and quantitative analysis. I am a faculty member in Queens College‚Äôs Program in Data Analytics & Applied Social Research and serve as co-Director of the Queens Podcast Lab.

This website serves as a catalog and repository of my content creation, and a platform for communicating with students and those who share my research, development, or creative interests.

Recent Posts

• Labeling Exhibits in R Markdown

How to caption tables and figures in RMarkdown. Continue reading

• Annex Hosting Guide

This post distributes the first edition of our Annex Sociology Podcast Hosting Guide. The purpose of this guide was to help possible collaborators who wanted to try hosting the Annex Sociology Podcast. A newer, more general version is in development. This entry is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.

Recent Additions to the Podcast Archive

• Conspiracy Theories and Conspiracy Entrepreneurs (Hyzen & Van den Bulck)

We discuss conspiracy theories and conspiracy entrepreneurs with Aaron Hyzen and Hilde van den Bulcke. Continue reading

• Posting Ivermectin Research to SocArXiv (Cohen & Pardo-Guerra)

A controversy surrounding the withdrawal of Ivermectin research from SocArXiv. Continue reading

• Eric Fromm (Neil McLaughlin)

It is classic theorists week on The Annex Sociology Podcast, as we discuss Eric Fromm with Neil McLaughlin (McMaster). Neil recently published Eric Fromm and Global Public Sociology (2021, Bristol University Press).

Recent Additions to the Video Archive

• Creating New Variables in Stata

How to create new variables in the statistical analysis program Stata. Continue reading

• Using Stata Codebook

Video tutorial on using the codebook function in Stata. Continue reading

• Quick Scatterplots in Stata

How to create quick scatterplots in Stata. Continue reading

Current Projects

Podcasting & Web 2.0

Data Analytics

Sociology & New Media

Past Projects

Personal Finance (2017)

Neoliberalism (2010)

Online Teaching (2012)

On Twitter

Recent Podcasts Series

Need help with the Commons? Visit our
help page
Send us a message